Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Blog 9 - Bloom's Taxonomy and Mind Mapping

Above is the mind map I created, concerning a possible lesson structure on the systems of the human body. It is organized using the concepts of Bloom's Taxonomy, and contains applications of each concept to the central idea, that being the human body. I was able to instill the use of each to create a sort of building block model to the teaching of the systems of the human body. Bloom's Taxonomy was the basis by which I created the plan, and the mind map was simply the system I used to organize these ideas in a tangible way.
While I was creating this map and considering Bloom's Taxonomy, I realized that they have a lot of relation. It seems that creating a mind map such as I did was the create step in Bloom's Taxonomy. In terms of the human body, I have completed all the steps in learning, and now to take those ideas and put them in a plan for teaching it is a prime example of creating.
Another more noticeable relationship between the two is simply the fact that a mind map is a great way to organize the concepts which go into the idea of Bloom's Taxonomy and apply them to some subject area.

No comments:

Post a Comment